Friday, May 3, 2013

Back to that familiar place

I fall under the sad and lonely position many solo musicians encounter; we have no one to play with.

Insert sad face.

The biggest problem you have when there's no one to play with, is you, or at least I, tend to just play the same things over and over and over again. Though it really fine tunes what I can play, it doesn't challenge me to learn the way playing with others does.

I've mentioned this before, but the best option for folks who don't have anyone to play with is to find tutorials and suggestions and so on online. And that's the part where I'm back to that familiar place; I don't have the accountability or energy to think of what to play next.

I'm always looking for song suggestions, but I tend to do much better when other people suggest songs I should learn how to play. Maybe I never will, but there's a certain accountability that way.

Long story short, does anyone have any song suggestions, or songs you want to learn? Let's learn together!

Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. i have two songs that i would love to learn!

    banjo by rascal flatts - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbpMToqhnZc

    i love this girl's cover of it.

    and
    synethesia by andrew mcmahon - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgA7TXYtoTE
    particularly the chorus, it's very catchy.

    i love your videos!

    ReplyDelete