Thursday, March 28, 2013

Ukulele tutorial - Escape (Pina Colada song)

I recently got a request for the Pina Colada song or "Escape" as people seem to prefer to call it. When I first heard this song, I couldn't help picturing a guy with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth, greasy hair, polyester suit, and . . . well, I don't know. Picture musician in a dive bar in 1979. 

Me = judgmental. 

Guess what, I'm right. Guess what, in 30 years, I'll be the creeper. 

Here is a quick tutorial of a SUPER EASY way to play this song. There is a complicated way, but guess what, it's a silly way to play the song. No offense to the talented musicians out there, but it is super unnecessary to play it more complicated than the two chord progression. Um, doy. A number one song gets its place through lyrics alone; the solo is what musicians get a charlie for. It's science.

Let me know if this is helpful to anyone interested.


No comments:

Post a Comment